Thứ Bảy, 15 tháng 10, 2011

Lets talk RAGE!!!

ID Software, the giant behind masterpieces such as Doom and Quake, are releasing their newest IP, RAGE, on September 13th on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. But will the game live up to today's standards after the company (ID) has been tucked away since Doom 3?

After watching almost every trailer/gameplay video on RAGE, the game is sure to impress, though there are some arising questions that leave me kinda worried about the game, which is what this blog is about (my 1st blog btw) Please note that some questions may be answered at E3 or in other RAGE footage, for now, its questions only about what we've seen so far.

So lets start with weapons:
ID has said their will be customization of weapons implemented into the game, however I have failed to see any "different" or customized weapons in the trailers. I hope they didn't mean customize by having just different ammo types or I'll be disappointed. Another thing I noticed is the lack of weapons, so far they have only shown 8 weapons (excluding grenades but including the blade thing) And from a game that is supposedly including some RPG elements, I'm hoping they have a lot more in store for us! The least they can do is have variations of those weapons like what Fallout did. I mean these are the guys that made the FPS genre, so plenty of weapons has to be a given, right? I sure hope so...

Enemies:
Is it me or do the enemies go down too quick? Especially the mutants. I hope they come in numbers then since I want each mission to last as long as possible but the way they plow through the enemies in the trailers has me "sorta" worried. Looks fun as hell though :p They seem to have a good variety of enemies too which is a plus, however is their any enemy that is NOT human like? Like did every animal just die off or something lol. I'm not asking for giant mole rats here but I mean it would be cool to face some kind of animal like creature, perhaps a giant tiger/lion that got infected/irradiated in a nearby zoo or something eh?

Open world-yness:
ID said the post-apocalyptic setting will be semi-open world, but how much can we really explore? Nothing says re-playability more than an open world, free roam environment, but to what I've seen so far from RAGE, you can only free roam in a set location. Dead City for example, only some parts will be explorable inside that set location, so "you can forget getting into that skyscraper and sniping innocent little mutants" is the kinda vibe I'm feeling from ID. Just wish they would expand that "set location" a little further.

Story: Will the story be compelling and memorable or will it be a given task to do something for each mission like in Dead Space 2? For a heavy focused singleplayer I sure hope it isn't the ladder!

Well anyways, that is my two cents on what ID needs to have in the game to get it from being a great game, to a masterpiece! Do you think ID software will deliver, or is it too much to ask?

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét